Scizorim (Scizor/Cherrim)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scizorim (Scizor/Cherrim)

Post by The Pain on Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:18 pm

My deck idea (if I can call it mine after research I've found the idea to be quite popular) is to use the Stormfront Scizor's Pound Down attack to do a base 70 and cherrims sunnyday to add 10 for every cherrim out plus in a pinch if there are 4 Cherrim's out cherrim can do 60 damage for no energy.
Just hoping i can get ideas to make this deck fast and reliable
The Pain
Pokemon Trainer

Number of posts : 28
Current Deck : Scizor/Cherrim
Registration date : 2008-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scizorim (Scizor/Cherrim)

Post by Kellie on Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:27 pm

Seeing it written down, for some reason makes it easier to understand lol.

hmm, fast, my input...iggly buff and amulet coin...4 cards without suppoters, plus smeargle and i know, their impossible, Baltoy and Claydol...going off expirience and learning from others :p

Any help.?
Kellie
n00b

Number of posts : 12
Current Deck : None Specified

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pain on Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:34 pm

Sorry i Should have mentioned in my first post Scizor doesn't play nice with Pokepowers
here's a quote which i really should have posted before as well

Pound Down 40+: If you don’t have any Pokemon with Poke-Powers in play, this attack does an additional 30 damage.

The ideas are good though thanks for the support
The Pain
Pokemon Trainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kellie on Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:38 pm

Could still use the smeargles, and an old fave of yours Spinda and Amulet coin.
Kellie
n00b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pain on Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:40 pm

Kellie wrote:Could still use the smeargles, and an old fave of yours Spinda and Amulet coin.
should be usable
The Pain
Pokemon Trainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jangrafess on Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:05 am

I think you like Igglybuffs almost as much as I dislike them, Kellie.

1-0-1 SF Torterra line to get all those Cherrims out instantly.
Jangrafess
Pokemon Trainer

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pain on Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:05 pm

Jangrafess wrote:I think you like Igglybuffs almost as much as I dislike them, Kellie.

1-0-1 SF Torterra line to get all those Cherrims out instantly.

sounds good i'm liking it
The Pain
Pokemon Trainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kellie on Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:12 pm

Jangrafess wrote:I think you like Igglybuffs almost as much as I dislike them, Kellie.

Can you blame me, its a ball of fluff and its CUTE! leave my baby alone...both of them.

Hmm....I'm likin the idea about the torterra line...*Contemplates buying rare candy*
Kellie
n00b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Edderz on Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:00 am

Torterra SF has a PokePower... which kinda gets you away from doing 70 with Scizor, but that may be OK if you've got a few Cherrims out.

Edderz
n00b

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jangrafess on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:31 am

Here's my list:

4 Cherubi DP
4 Cherrim
3 Scyther
3 Scizor
2 Combee
2 Vespiquen
1 Chatot
1 Unown G

3 Pokédex Handy910is
3 Pokéradar
4 PlusPower
4 Pokédrawer +
2 Switch
1 Dusk Ball
4 Quick Ball
3 Great Ball
1 Amulet Coin
1 Night Maintenance
1 Speed Stadium
1 Luxury Ball

14 Grass Energy

Might seem a bit weird to have no supporters, but at the moment it's a lightning quick deck and I'm yet to lose a match (played with it inbetween games at City's last weekend and beat everyone with it as well as with my actual tournament deck).
Jangrafess
Pokemon Trainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pain on Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:40 pm

I've actually got mine up and running just 4-4 on scizor and cherrim and 2 sableye then just roseanne and bebe you monsters even on a bad start my deck seems to work its just avoiding the hopeless starts
I'm sure i would have top 4'd at city's if it weren't for 2 hopeless starts (then again my opponents deck was pretty quick and had weakness in favour) just wish i'd been able to give a good challenge in round 1 just so my opponent would have had a challenge instead of of a cake walk
The Pain
Pokemon Trainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jangrafess on Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:13 pm

I've taken Vespiquen out of mine now, going with 4-4 Scizor, 4-4 Cherrim and 1 Chatot. It's working okay. Not sure it has what it takes to win the final games of any tournament though.
Jangrafess
Pokemon Trainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pain on Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:49 am

Jangrafess wrote:I've taken Vespiquen out of mine now, going with 4-4 Scizor, 4-4 Cherrim and 1 Chatot. It's working okay. Not sure it has what it takes to win the final games of any tournament though.

Who can be sure if a deck can take out anyone in the final stages thats what makes it all worth while, you want to win but theres no fun in it if you know hands down that you will win.
We all live for the innocent gamble of win and lose, its what keeps us interested not just in the game of pokemon but in life itself.

also just noticed with your deck you can try igglybuff without a sacrafice now, no supporters to hold back on, plus 3 cards at least 1's gonna be another trainer plus draw next turn so you could pull 4 trainers off the top of your deck which by base probability means radar stand a bigger chance of hitting more pokemon.
Not saying you should run the baby just thought i'd throw out a way of showing that it aint useless, like it or hate it I;'d like to thnk we can agree that a 3 card draw for no energy from a basic isn't bad, not awesome, but still not bad
The Pain
Pokemon Trainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jangrafess on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:48 am

The Pain wrote:
Jangrafess wrote:I've taken Vespiquen out of mine now, going with 4-4 Scizor, 4-4 Cherrim and 1 Chatot. It's working okay. Not sure it has what it takes to win the final games of any tournament though.

Who can be sure if a deck can take out anyone in the final stages thats what makes it all worth while, you want to win but theres no fun in it if you know hands down that you will win.
We all live for the innocent gamble of win and lose, its what keeps us interested not just in the game of pokemon but in life itself.

also just noticed with your deck you can try igglybuff without a sacrafice now, no supporters to hold back on, plus 3 cards at least 1's gonna be another trainer plus draw next turn so you could pull 4 trainers off the top of your deck which by base probability means radar stand a bigger chance of hitting more pokemon.
Not saying you should run the baby just thought i'd throw out a way of showing that it aint useless, like it or hate it I;'d like to thnk we can agree that a 3 card draw for no energy from a basic isn't bad, not awesome, but still not bad

What I mean is more that it lacks firepower against the kind of decks I'll come up against as I progress to the top cut of a tournament and that I'll either have to play something else or tweak it a lot. While I love the deck, I'd rather take in something capable of winning towards the end as opposed to a deck that doesn't really stand a chance. It's actually been losing to my Magnezone deck in practice now, which is worrying.

I do agree that three draw for no energy is very good. However, there are drawbacks even if I'm not playing supporters. One, it has a poké-power and the opponent could just warp Iggly onto the bench and I'd have to retreat for it and hope for them to knock it out before Scizor could do proper damage. Two, this is a speed deck, and I want to be doing 80+ by turn two, which won't happen if Iggly's out there. (That's 2 energy drops on Scizor and one on Iggly to retreat to get Scizor out turn three earliest and even then I'll have a poké-power on the bench.) I know that if I was playing against a Scizor/Cherrim deck that had poké-powers I'd rather not take the easy prize on Igglybuff if it meant my opponent could only do 60-80 damage-ish a turn. (That's with two-four Cherrims out.) While Igglybuff is something I'm considering in another deck I don't play supporters in, I don't think this is the place for it either.
Jangrafess
Pokemon Trainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pain on Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:03 pm

at least we agree it aint bad thats all i wanted
The Pain
Pokemon Trainer